Thursday, March 5, 2009

We are all Canucks (and Canadian)


I reluctantly went to the Canucks game on Tuesday, March 3rd. Anyone who knows me well knows that I don't normally venture out on weeknights. Despite my reservations we managed to have a helluva time. We ducked into Moxy's just before game time for a quick bite and a beer. Their Amber Ale (house brand) was not bad. Smooth, medium bodied and chilled to the core. It went well with a surprisingly well-made beef dip I ordered for about $10. My glass, filled with 18oz of this liquid gold, hit our table while still fully frosted. Not a bad start to the night.

With under 7 minutes until the opening faceoff, we bolt for the gates and our seats... except Rich made a pitstop to pick up two of these bad boys... a Canadian lager served in a plastic cup (fully loaded with a spill-proof lid!). We followed this act with 3 more rounds at the spectcular price of $8.75 each. (It seemed like a good deal at the time... we may have been influenced by the earlier drinks). And, although the beer may be local, unassuming, and seemingly watered down, it turned out to be the perfect beverage to savour the taste of victory. The only thing that I could have done without was getting carded by some teenage girl probably 15 years younger than I am. She can serve me beers, but it wouldn't be legal for her to lick the overflow that ended up on her wrist. Go figure.

No comments: