Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Red Crappe



Tonight I went out to the Waves Coffee at 2588 Main Street.  Lately I've been really into their red espresso.  The Red Symphony (red espresso, white chocolate and steamed milk) is the drink that I usually order whenever I go there.  Tonight I wanted to try a different red espresso drink so I ordered the Red Frappe. (red espresso and milk blended with ice) 

I was very disappointed.  It tasted like watered down milk with a hint of red espresso.  I think that it needed another shot of red espresso and some kind of sweetener to be added. (actually on the red espresso website they suggest that for a sweeter taste to add honey or white chocolate) After a couple of sips all I was left with was a half a cup of blended ice.  All of the liquid was sucked out of the drink.  I think that the measuring ratio may have been incorrect, because I ordered the smallest size and after my drink was poured, there was still enough frappe left in the blender to fill 3 more cups.  

It was by far the worst frappe drink that I have ever had, but I will give the Red Frappe another chance.  Please make me reaffirm my faith in the red espresso product.

2 comments:

Lu Larché said...

Hey Derrick!

I'm writing on behalf of the red espresso team in Cape Town, South Africa. We came across your blog and wanted to let you know that, as far as we are aware, Waves has started using another Rooibos product to make their "red" drinks - and not our red espresso Rooibos tea espresso. Perhaps this explains why your frappe was a little watery!

red espresso Rooibos is being served at all Wired Monks and Cafe Supreme stores. Let us know if we can recommend some other good places for your red fix!

Thank you so much for your support and for your comments - it really means the world to us.

Best regards from sunny South Africa!
Natasha

Derrick said...

Hello Natasha,

Thank you so much for checking out my blog and your comments.

I had the Red Symphony a couple of times in the pass and I really enjoyed the red espresso Rooibos tea espresso.

Thank you for the clarification and letting me know where red espresso are being served. Are there any retailers in Vancouver in which I can buy the red espresso ground rooibos tea packs?

Thanks, Derrick