Sunday, March 22, 2009

Morning Sun

It's a bird... it's a plane... it's a golden sperm?!


I was in Asakusa last Monday.  I looked up in the sky and there it was, a golden sperm.  No... actually it was the Asahi Super Dry hall which was designed by French designer, Philippe Starck.  The "golden sperm" (as it is referred to by locals) is a symbol of Asahi Breweries dynamic heart according to the Asahi Breweries website.  The adjoining building right next to it is the 22 story Asahi Brewery headquarters which was built in 1989.  It was designed to resemble a foamy glass of beer. 

Asahi Breweries is the 2nd largest beer brewery in Japan and soft drink company based in Tokyo, Japan.  Asahi Super Dry is my favorite beer from Japan.  I always order Asahi Super Dry whenever I feel like a beer at an Izakaya or Japanese restaurant.  

"I got my mind set on you."

No comments: