Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday


Today is Super Bowl 43. This is the day when people rush to a bar, sit shoulder to shoulder with some stranger and glue their eyes to the TV screen. I would always be cautious of what team to cheer for in a bar. Either you meet a new drunk friend or you get beat up. I knew that neither would be the case today as I went to Mill Marine Bistro not for Super Bowl, but for Dine Out Vancouver.

With my dinner, I ordered the seasonal Granville Island Lions Winter Ale. (Alcohol By Volume:5.5%) This amber color beer had the body and richness of a robust ale, with a sweet caramel / vanilla flavor. I had this beer before and I quite enjoyed the taste. If you don't mind the sweet flavors, it's an excellent sipping beer for the winter. One glass of this beer is pretty much all I can have in one sitting, as it is quite heavy for me. It would definitely not be a beer of my choice if I was going to order a pitcher. Although, I would consider ordering a pitcher if I met a new drunk friend at the bar that was going to buy me a round.

No comments: