Sunday, May 10, 2009

M Other's Day

I went out with Danny, Jasmine and Nelson for lunch at Moxie's on Davie Street today.  I was very surprised to see that it was not busy, even at 12:30PM on a Mother's Day.  In fact, there were more employees there working, than there were customers.

Moxie's drink feature on Sundays is the Mbar's Signature Caesar for $3.99.  Jasmine and I started off with a Caesar.  Danny got the Moxie's size for an additional $2.00.  There is nothing "signature" about it.  I think that it needed a couple more dashes of Worcestershire sauce and the garnish was weak.  It was garnished with just a celery stick, not even a lime wedge was served.  I prefer Caesars that are garnished with a combination of goodies (for example: celery stick, a lime wedge and throw in a couple of pickled beans or banana peppers).  That is what makes a Caesar.  It just makes the cocktail taste that much better.

Hail Caesar!

No comments: