Saturday, April 18, 2009

Our Mayor found a Happy Planet


It's going to be sad to see the Capers/Whole Foods on Cambie and 16th close at the end of this month. Rachael and I love going there. We would go there for groceries, dinner, desserts or for a smoothie. Every time we go in there I would always walk down the drink isle to check out their selection and see if there is any new products.

I went to Capers/Whole Foods last night and the Happy Planet Mango Peach Party caught my eye. Once I saw the name, I knew that I wanted to be a part of that "party." It contains organic juice from concentrate and organic fruit puree. The most predominate being mango puree, (and it really does taste like a mango pureed) and a subtle taste of banana and peach. It has a natural fruit sweetness that is not too over powering and does not have an artificial sugary taste. So if you're not a mango lover, this one is not for you.

Happy Planet is a private company based in Vancouver, BC known for their smoothies and organic juices. The company started in 1994 by Randal Lus and the current Mayor of Vancouver, Gregor Robertson. They originally started out with just producing organic carrot juice from Gregor's farm. The company now ships several thousand bottles of fruit juices and smoothies per week.

That's a Vision Vancouver.

No comments: