Friday, April 10, 2009

Lime is no lemon


Last night Rachael and I wanted Japanese food and we felt like trying something new. We went to Lime Japanese Cuisine on Commercial Drive. Besides the regular menu, they had a $25.00 three course set menu special to celebrate the cherry blossom season, called the Sakura Set, which we ordered.

They had 3 beers on tap (Lime House Lager, Lime House Ale and R&B Red Devil Pale Ale). We ordered 2 pints of the Lime House Ale at $6.50 each. It came in a dimpled glass pint. I haven't drank from one of these in a long time. It reminded me of my dad's restaurant in the 80's. The Lime House Ale had a caramel/amber colour with a smooth nutty taste. I really enjoyed it - for a dark beer it wasn't too heavy. Now, if it was served in a frosted pint...that would've been off the hook. I think that it would've been novel if they used the restaurant's name to create a signature "Lime Wheat Ale."

Our whole evening was enjoyable - the dinner, live music and drinks. There is nothing sour about Lime.

No comments: