Monday, October 26, 2009

Long Table Series - Round 2

Tonight was my second visit to the Long Table Series. I started off with a drink at the Shebeen Whiskey House. They have over 200 different whiskeys to choose from and their collection continues to build. It's like a kid in a candy store for whiskey lovers. I was in the mood to try out a beer that I've never had before. I ordered the Mill St. Brewery Tankhouse Ale (5.2% alc./vol.) based out of Toronto, Ontario. It's a deep copper red colour ale that is brewed with 5 different malts and an abundance of Cascade hops. It had a malty texture with a dark chocolate taste and a hint of bitterness. Not only did I enjoy the taste, I really liked the embossed bottle and the non paper label. It was an excellent sipping beer before dinner.

Tonight's dinner was Braised Lamb Shank, Roasted Eggplant, Raisins, Pine Nuts and Mint Gastrique with a pint of Guinness. The dinner was amazing as usual... right now, I am still thinking about the Mint Gastrique. I am not a huge Guinness fan, but the bittersweetness of the Guinness was paired really nicely with the flavour of the Lamb Shank.

Check out my Guinness moustache.


No comments: