Thursday, October 29, 2009

Living Large In Small Spaces

Tonight, Rachael and I had tea and dessert at Sweet Revenge Patisserie. It's a dessert spot located on 4160 Main Street. The interior is furnished with antique style furniture, chandeliers, oil lamps and red wallpaper. The servers were all wearing red aprons that almost camouflaged them to the wallpaper. It's a small place that is always packed. Be aware, you may be sitting at a table with strangers. There is a divider though, that is placed on the table. It almost felt like I was in a different world, had to remind myself a few times of where I was.

I ordered the White Chocolate Cheesecake($6.75) and a small Belgium Chocolate Tea ($2.35). I've tried several different types of teas from Sweet Revenge and I've never been disappointed. Always full of great flavour. The Belgium Chocolate Tea was excellent. It's a loose leaf rooibos tea with the scent and flavour of mint chocolate. Very smooth with a mint chocolate finish. It's served in an individual teapot and an antique style cup and saucer set.

Whenever you're ready to experience the lilliputian room, go down and check it out. Some say the place is cheesy, some say it's cute, but an interesting date spot.

Just to let you know, there is a minimum order per person of $6.00.

No comments: